01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest HikVision Firmware for K-Series [76 77 86 NI-K2 K4 K8] NVRs - V4.30.005 build200628 (V4 Lite with E-UI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just upgraded mine to V4.30.011 build200803 EUI from V4.30.005_200628, but I did a down grade and reset first to V3.4.112_200604 as I had originally done an upgrade from V4.21.005_190509 and that is the version the Hik said we shouldn't have used and that we should down grade to v3 before upgrading to v4, so I took the opportunity to do that. All went smoothly and everything looks to be working as it should. I'll give it a week and then I'll upgrade the other 7 NVR's I look after...
1600699816763.png

Why are there two new builds released on same day with one having a higher build number? Seems very strange. I'm still on V4.21.005 build 190509 because I need to first downgrade it seems and re-set everything up... No time to do that unfortunately until Xmas hols!

Any noticeable differences from 4.30.005 anyone? Visual changes / extra menus? Or just all bug fixes?

Hi @pdampier

Thanks for bringing these new versions to our attention, I sent an email to our Hikvision support contact to ask for clarification on these new firmwares and why both had been uploaded at the same time, their response is below:

I just noticed these new versions yesterday so uploaded it onto the portal. The latest uploaded firmware just fixes some known issue from the old version so it doesn’t have release note. It supports all [76 77 86 NI-K2 K4 K8]. It is alright to drop to the latest version V4.30.011 build200803 EUI.

So basically these firmware versions had been released for a period of time before the UK support team who manage the download portal where made aware of them so they uploaded both at the same time. To answer @Woodyz82 question, these firmwares would appear to only be bug fixes and you can jump straight to the latest v4.30.011 version.

Hi @pdampier

Thanks for bringing these new versions to our attention, I sent an email to our Hikvision support contact to ask for clarification on these new firmwares and why both had been uploaded at the same time, their response is below:

I just noticed these new versions yesterday so uploaded it onto the portal. The latest uploaded firmware just fixes some known issue from the old version so it doesn’t have release note. It supports all [76 77 86 NI-K2 K4 K8]. It is alright to drop to the latest version V4.30.011 build200803 EUI.

So basically these firmware versions had been released for a period of time before the UK support team who manage the download portal where made aware of them so they uploaded both at the same time. To answer @Woodyz82 question, these firmwares would appear to only be bug fixes and you can jump straight to the latest v4.30.011 version.
Hi Dan, is there any chance of getting a list of what bugs have been fixed in this release, certainly one I report to Hik in the last release is still there so I just wondered what has actually been addressed? Cheers Lee...

Hi @mantonl

I asked Hikvision Support to provide this information yesterday and this was the response I just received this morning:

Just got a reply from HQ that the latest EUI firmware fixes the issue of RS485 and HDMI interface and some other small bugs. The released note which contains more details will be written in the near future.

Apologies that it is such a 'meh' response but we are unlikely to get more than this from them for time being, hopefully, the release notes they mention will appear shortly.

Hi @Dan,

Do you know when Hikvision releases a new update?
I did everything, upgrade, downgrade and upgrade and the motion isn't visible in the browser.

I just wait on the next release and hope they solve it.
Just wondering when they repair it and wait for the notes of 010 and 011.

Hi @bvn

As you will see from my last comment if Hikvision Support confirms that the firmware is just for a few bug fixes they will often not put out any release notes, if the issue you are experiencing has not been resolved by either of those firmwares then you will have to wait and see if the issue is resolved in a later, more substantial update that does include release notes.

You seem to be suggesting in your comment there is an issue with motion on the K-series NVRs, this is not an issue we have heard before could you please start a new Hikvision thread explaining exactly what the motion issue is you are seeing. (more people are likely to respond with advice if you create a new thread with a title that explains the exact issue you are having, a comment tagged on the end of a thread that is now 4 pages long may get missed by most people)

Hi @bvn

As you will see from my last comment if Hikvision Support confirms that the firmware is just for a few bug fixes they will often not put out any release notes, if the issue you are experiencing has not been resolved by either of those firmwares then you will have to wait and see if the issue is resolved in a later, more substantial update that does include release notes.

You seem to be suggesting in your comment there is an issue with motion on the K-series NVRs, this is not an issue we have heard before could you please start a new Hikvision thread explaining exactly what the motion issue is you are seeing. (more people are likely to respond with advice if you create a new thread with a title that explains the exact issue you are having, a comment tagged on the end of a thread that is now 4 pages long may get missed by most people)
Hi @Dan,

Thnx for your comment on the notes!

Comment #55 (and#56) has the same problem..
It has to do with the upgrade, that's why i asked it in this thread ;-)

I wil wait till the next update. Hope they fix it.

ok @bvn

I didn't put 2 & 2 together because that customer had specifically mentioned line crossing and you only said it was an issue with motion.

This feature may be reintroduced in a later firmware but the comment the user who originally posted this issue got from Hikvision support saying that it had been removed to improve performance sounds very similar to the reasoning they gave when they removed the event markers from the playback timeline for events notifications set in the smart event menu.

I will chase our Hik support contact for a more solid answer on whether this feature has been permanently removed or if it is just a glitch in the current firmware.

ok @bvn

I didn't put 2 & 2 together because that customer had specifically mentioned line crossing and you only said it was an issue with motion.

This feature may be reintroduced in a later firmware but the comment the user who originally posted this issue got from Hikvision support saying that it had been removed to improve performance sounds very similar to the reasoning they gave when they removed the event markers from the playback timeline for events notifications set in the smart event menu.

I will chase our Hik support contact for a more solid answer on whether this feature has been permanently removed or if it is just a glitch in the current firmware.

Hi @Dan ,

Thnx in advance!
The option is still visible, only it doesn't work. Seems more like a bug..
1601973175347.png

I will downgrade to latest V3 en reinstall everything awaiting of a new upgrade (if it is a bug ;-))

Hello, I wrote to the support some days ago. After many emails, they reported that the feature has been removed. I complained that they can't leave the button visibile if the function is removed. I think it's more a bug than a removed feature.
I decided to revert back to a previous firmware version. Unfortunately the firmware downgrade didn't work and I had to restore a very old version and then upgrade again.
Once I get back to the newest v4.30.011, I was able to use the feature again for one day or so. They probably (I'm not sure) I update the LocalServiceComponents. My doubt is that the problem is not the firmware itself but the LocalServiceComponents. I mean using the newest firmware with an older version of the components should make it work.
Unfortunately I can't find where to download old versions of the web components. Some knows if there is a repository to download them?

Last edited:
Hi (@andymarket )

I'm at .011 now and if i go back in time it works.
If i take the date from the upgrade it doesn't work anymore..

Seems that the function in playback is ok but the writing of the motion not.

Hi (@andymarket )

I'm at .011 now and if i go back in time it works.
If i take the date from the upgrade it doesn't work anymore..

Seems that the function in playback is ok but the writing of the motion not.
So we can say that it's the firmware. Maybe this was the reason why I was able to see the motion. I'm not sure if the date I checked was with V3.x installed or the new V4.x

So we can say that it's the firmware. Maybe this was the reason why I was able to see the motion. I'm not sure if the date I checked was with V3.x installed or the new V4.x
Yes, i think a bug in V4...
I'm thinking of downgrading to the latest V3.. till a new release is available.

Problem is that it resets everything.. Did you lose everything with the downgrade? I don't know of a restore from backupfile takes the problem back.

does anyone have a copy of V4.30.011 build 200803 or later? its been removed from the hik portal.

New Firmware out today HIKVISION UK PORTAL (hikvisioneurope.com) V4.30.055 build201111 EUI. I've just upgraded mine from V4.30.011 build200803 EUI and all went okay except I lost access to all 8 cameras (showing as offline) on my phone. The Hik app on my Android phone was connected to the NVR okay as i can see it reporting as the new firmware version but I could not get them to show online. I tried removing the NVR from the app and re-adding it again by scanning the QR code, which worked fine but still the cameras were off line. In the end the only way I could fix it was to log onto to www.hik-connect.com on my PC and completely remove the NVR from my account. I then re-added the NVR via the QR code again on my phone and bingo! Everything is back working again... I have 8 more NVR's to upgrade but I think I'll now hang fire for a couple of weeks to make sure nothing else shows up as a new problem before taking the plunge on the rest

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back